Thursday, March 27, 2008

STS-123

I'd just like to pass on my thanks to those in at NASA for listening to my wishes and planning a fairly busy Shuttle mission so that the majority of the activity took place during my vaguely regular waking hours. I normally watch all the launches, landings, dockings, undockings and EVAs of any Shuttle mission and many of the EVAs from the ISS when it isn't docked to a Shuttle, so I really appreciate their consideration on this mission. :)

STS-123, the 122nd Shuttle flight and the 25th flight to the ISS was a 16 day, 250-orbit mission for Endeavour - its 21st flight - that delivered the Japanese Logistics Module - Pressurized Section of the Kibo laboratory to the ISS as well as the final components of the Canadian-built Special Purpose Dextrous Manipulator (Dextre). There were 5 EVAs in which Dextre was assembled, the Japanese module was prepped for installation, tile repair techniques were tested and some repairs were made to the starboard Solar Alpha Rotary Joint.

A good flight, a good landing, a good result, and I'm looking forward to STS-124 in May, around the projected time for the landing of Phoenix lands on Mars (http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/phoenix/main/).

Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: